August 9th, 2012
New Software Update Introduces Autosave, Above Ground Pools & Spas, Randomize Tools and More
A new update for VisionScape’s Virtual Property Architect™ 3D landscape design software is now available for download.
Of the new features and functionality this update brings to the software, the most notable additions include an autosave feature, above ground pools and spas, randomize object tools and overall catalogue improvements. Further information on these additions, and all of the improvements, can be found below.
We’ve ensured you won’t lose any design work. While working on a Virtual Property design, the software will automatically save in the background every 5 minutes so. These saves will not overwrite the original document, but are rather stored in their own folder. If a crash occurs or you forget to save, you may load the autosave file to recover the work completed up to that point.
Above Ground Pools & Spas
There is now a catalogue for Above Ground Pools & Spas in the Water Features tab of the ribbon.
Found in the Edit tab, there are two new tools that allow you to randomize the rotation and size of products, such as plants, to make them appear more natural within the design. You can use these tools on a single product, or select multiple products and randomize them all at once. This, however, does not work on drawn objects such as patios, pools, etc.
Design with Virtual Property Architect™ even faster than before. Several improvements have been made to increase the catalogue’s efficiency, resulting in faster load times and overall performance.
- Load Time Improvement - Scenes and products, that have already been used before, now load about 50% faster. Additionally, the items in a scene will not render until the entire property has been loaded.
- Select Same - It is now possible to select all of the same product with the new “Select Same” tool. Simply select an object, right click, and choose “Select Same” from the pop up menu.
- Movies and screenshots will now remember the last output resolution you chose.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using the catalogue.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when deleting a point on a wall resulted in a wall that was too short to render.
- Improved performance when using many bezier points.
- Fixed an occurrence of the software occasionally unable to close.
- Fixed deck steps from terminating on hidden objects.
- Fixed the ability to delete the compass by deleting the layer it is on.
- Changed the default camera height to 6 feet.
Please feel free to call us at (800) 655-1834 between 9am -5pm EST or send us an email anytime with questions and a VisionScape expert will guide you through the right solution:
Posted in: News, Software Updates, Video Tutorials Tags: 3D, 3D Landscape Design, design, landscape, outdoor living, software, software update, Video tutorial, Virtual Property, Virtual Property Architect, VisionScape